The Most Important Things You Can Do If You’re Hit by a Car While Riding Your Motorcycle
You didn’t cause the crash that hurt you, but you will have to be the one to take action if you want to recover damages after a car driver causes your motorcycle accident injuries. It can be difficult to know what steps to take and how to protect your rights when you are in pain. However, it is important to take certain steps to get the compensation that you deserve.
Specific Actions You Can Take to Make a Fair Recovery
In order to get fair compensation for your motorcycle crash injuries, it is important to:
- Call the police. If anyone is hurt then call 911; otherwise, call the non-emergency number.
- Gather information and evidence from the accident scene, if you are physically able to do so. This includes the names and contact information for all other drivers, passengers, and witnesses to the accident. It also includes insurance and driver license information for other drivers. Pictures and videos from the accident scene and your notes as to weather conditions, road conditions, and other details can be helpful.
- Seek medical treatment. This includes emergency treatment immediately after the crash and ongoing medical care to treat your injuries.
- Report the accident to your insurance company. Your insurance policy may require you to report that a crash occurred within a certain amount of time.
- Be cautious when speaking with insurance adjusters. Insurance adjusters have a job to do, and that job is to make as much money as possible for their employers. That means providing you with as little as possible in a settlement. Thus, they may try to get you to say things that you don’t mean or they may twist your words to try to justify a smaller settlement.
If you are represented by an attorney, you don’t have to talk directly with insurance adjusters and you don’t have to deal with the stress of handling your own claim. An experienced motorcycle injury lawyer can make sure that your rights are protected and that you get the full and fair motorcycle accident recovery that you deserve. Call us today to learn more about your rights.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Actions Motorcyclists Should Take After Being Hit by Car"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."