When you’re driving on a highway for many hours at a time, drowsiness and distraction often set in. This combination is known as highway hypnosis, and it can be deadly. If you’ve ever driven somewhere, only to realize when you arrive at your destination that you have little recollection of the trip, you’ve likely experienced highway hypnosis.
Experiencing Highway Hypnosis
There are a few common signs of highway hypnosis:
- Little recall. The most obvious symptom of highway hypnosis is arriving at your destination without remembering the specifics of how you got there.
- Muscle stiffness. Muscle aches and pains after driving are frequently caused by a failure to change body position, and this could be a sign of highway hypnosis.
- Near misses. If you have a near miss, such as crossing into an oncoming lane of traffic or hitting the rumble strips, this dangerous behavior could be due to highway hypnosis.
Avoiding Highway Hypnosis
To prevent highway hypnosis, you should:
- Get plenty of rest. Be sure to get a good night’s sleep during the evening before your trip. You’ll be more alert and less likely to feel drowsy if you’re well-rested.
- Head out early. Start your trip bright and early in the morning while you’re still feeling alert and awake.
- Stay cool. If your vehicle gets too warm, sleepiness may set in. In the summertime, turn on the air conditioner or open a window to help you stay alert. The constant breeze can keep you awake and focused.
- Take a break. Sitting in the same position for too long contributes to fatigue. Stop and rest every 90 minutes, stretch your legs, and walk around a little. If there’s another licensed driver in the vehicle, let him drive for a while.
Highway Hypnosis Accidents
If you’ve been injured in a highway hypnosis accident, you need professional representation by an experienced attorney in order to receive the compensation you deserve. To discuss your claim, contact the law offices of Steve M. Lee, P.C., by using the form on this page.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Highway Hypnosis Is Dangerous and Increases Collision Risks"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."