Causing a Highway Crash
The Right Way to Crash
When your goal is to cause a highway collision, it’s important to take the time to do it right. You have plenty of options, and here are just a few:
- Driving drunk. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a surefire way to cause a serious highway collision, since these substances cause you to lose the ability to focus and function properly. Using a designated driver could help you get home safely, but where’s the fun in that?
- Distracted driving. Why waste valuable multitasking time by focusing on the road ahead? A long highway drive is the perfect opportunity to enjoy your lunch, make a phone call, or send a text message. Don’t forget the emojis!
- Unsafe lane changes. You could use your turn signal, check your blind spots, and wait until there’s plenty of room to change lanes, but why hassle with all of that? Just jump into an adjacent lane whenever you’re ready, and let your fellow highway travelers deal with it.
- Driving on the shoulder. Traffic jam on the highway? No problem! That’s what shoulders are for. Use the shoulder as your own personal lane, and bypass that long line of people patiently waiting their turn. Sure, you could cause a collision when another similarly entitled driver decides to hop onto the shoulder without warning, and you’re potentially blocking emergency vehicles, but that’s okay. You’re special.
- Speeding. Speed limits are great for inexperienced drivers, but they shouldn’t apply to everyone. While traffic engineers carefully consider speed studies, traffic counts, and collision rates to determine safe driving speeds, don’t be discouraged from using your own judgment instead.
Drive With Care
We’ve been having a bit of fun with this tongue-in-cheek “driving guide,” but we urge you to avoid these risky behaviors and drive responsibly. If you’ve been injured due to another driver’s bad judgment, you deserve compensation. To learn more about what the law offices of Steve M. Lee, P.C., can do for you, visit us on Facebook.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "How You Can Easily Cause a Very Serious Highway Collision"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."