Industrial Accident Brain Injuries
Injuries caused by industrial accidents are often severe, with brain injuries being some of the most devastating.
Types of Brain Injuries
Factory accidents can cause severe head wounds and brain injuries. Some of the most common include:
- Skull fractures. These are breaks or cracks in the bones that form the skull. In an industrial accident, skull fractures are caused by blunt force trauma, typically resulting from an explosion or malfunctioning heavy machinery. Skull fractures can lead to damage to blood vessels and brain tissue.
- Concussions. These are temporary brain injuries that can take anywhere from a few minutes to several months to completely heal. In an industrial accident, a bump, blow, or jolt to the head, such as those caused by a sudden explosion, can cause a concussion.
- Hematomas. A hematoma is a pooling of blood in tissues surrounding the blood vessels. This can occur when blood vessels in the head are damaged, leading to significant bleeding in and around the brain.
- Contusions. Contusions are a swelling or bruising of the brain caused by tiny blood vessels bleeding into brain tissue. They may occur directly beneath the impact site, but are more frequently seen on the opposite side of the brain. Contusions may appear after just a few hours, but they can take as long as a day to surface.
Brain Injury Symptoms
When you suspect that you’ve sustained a brain injury, you must seek immediate medical attention. If you experience any of these symptoms, see a doctor right away:
- Sudden loss of consciousness.
- Blurred vision.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Watery discharge from the nose and ears.
- Fatigue and lethargy.
Seeking Medical Care
Medical care for brain injuries is frequently prolonged and expensive. Regardless of whether your injuries are covered by workers’ compensation, are the result of the negligence of a third party, or were received when you visited the industrial site, you need a lawyer. Only an experienced attorney has the knowledge and skills necessary to secure the maximum possible financial recovery. To learn more about what the law offices of Steve M. Lee, P.C., can do for you, visit us on Facebook.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Industrial Accidents Can Cause Severe Brain Injuries"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."