Q: Which type of lawyer do I need if I was hurt in a limo accident?
If you were injured in a limousine accident, you need a personal injury attorney. Limousine collision litigation can be extremely complex, and numerous factors may impact the outcome of a case.
Limousine Collision Factors
An experienced attorney must identify all responsible parties involved in a limo accident. Liability for a limousine collision is often shared by:
- The limousine driver. Drivers are responsible for ensuring their passengers travel safely. Unfortunately, these vehicle operators may fail in this duty by speeding, ignoring traffic signs and signals, using drugs or alcohol, or falling asleep at the wheel.
- A limousine company. Limo companies are responsible for hiring and training qualified and experienced drivers. They must also routinely inspect and maintain their vehicles to guarantee passenger safety. If a collision occurs due to the actions of an irresponsible driver or vehicle defects, the limo company may be liable for failing to uphold its duty of care.
- The limousine maintenance company. Many rental fleets contract maintenance and repairs to a third party. If this entity overlooks necessary repairs or fails to maintain a vehicle properly, it may be held liable for the resulting collision.
- A limousine manufacturer. As with any company that produces and sells products, car manufacturers can be held liable for manufacturing a defective limo when those defects lead to a collision.
- The limousine conversion company. While popular vehicle brands such as Lincoln and Cadillac manufacture limousines, there are also conversion companies specializing in producing stretch limos from various vehicle models. A regular vehicle is separated into two pieces and extended in order to accommodate additional seating. When this process structurally weakens the vehicle, a conversion company may be held liable for any resulting injuries.
You Need an Attorney
After suffering injuries in a limousine accident, you need an experienced attorney to help you identify the parties that may be liable to receive the compensation you deserve. To learn more, contact the law offices of Steve M. Lee, P.C., by using the form on this page.