7 Tips to Help You Avoid a Houston Car Crash
There are many things you can do to help avoid car accidents. According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) motor vehicle traffic crashes are a leading cause of death in the United States. Preventing and avoiding these accidents can help to save your life and the lives of others.
- Watch your tires. Proper air pressure in your tires helps for better traction and faster braking.
- Always check your blind spot before changing lanes. Even if you think you are the only person on the road there could possibly be another vehicle. These accidents can be easily avoided by just taking the minimal effort to look.
- Use signal lights before changing lanes.
- Look both ways when entering an intersection, even when you have a green light. Just because you are following the law doesn't mean that everyone is. Running red lights is a frequent cause of traffic accident fatalities.
- Avoid distractions. Eating, talking on the phone, changing the music, and texting while driving are all very serious forms of distraction. Distracted driving is a leading cause of traffic accidents.
- Keep a safe distance from the car in front of you.
- Always pay attention to the cars around you and be prepared for the worst.
If you have been in a Houston auto accident, caused by the other driver, you could be entitled to compensation. Contact Houston truck accident attorney Steve Lee at 713-921-4171 or 800-232-3711 for answers to your questions and advice regarding your Houston wreck case.