Panel Trucks Pose Safety Risks
Panel trucks are smaller than tractor-trailers, but there are many of them on Texas roads and they present significant risks for motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
A panel truck is often the preferred vehicle for deliveries to homes, stores, and businesses. Whether on the highway or on residential streets, panel truck crashes happen because:
- They have few windows. Panel trucks are often described as windowless, even though they have windows in the front. Nevertheless, operators might not be used to the poor visibility, and may have difficulty seeing other vehicles, pedestrians, and property around them.
- Drivers are often rushed. Panel truck drivers have deliveries to make, and their bosses want them completed as quickly as possible. This pressure can cause truckers to speed, to try to multitask by making phone calls or eating while driving, or to travel when they're too tired to do so safely.
- Drivers might be inexperienced. Operating a panel truck isn't the same as a semi-truck or a passenger car. If someone doesn't have the proper training and time on the road, accidents can happen.
Typical injuries after panel truck crashes include broken bones, organ damage, brain and spinal cord complications, and other health conditions.
Avoid Problems After a Panel Truck Crash
To recover damages after a panel truck accident, you need to prove the driver, fleet company, or another party was negligent. You can avoid unnecessary problems with your case by talking to an experienced truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our attorneys can:
- Make sure evidence is preserved. The trucking company has much of the evidence you need to prove your case. Attorney Steve Lee will send a spoliation letter to the company to ensure all evidence is preserved and not accidentally or purposefully destroyed.
- File your case before the statute of limitations expires. In most cases, you have only two years to file a truck accident case in Texas. However, you shouldn't wait that long to obtain legal assistance.
Our expert team will fight for your fair recovery of medical costs, lost income, physical pain, emotional suffering, and other accident-related damages. Call Steven M. Lee, PC today to schedule your free consultation.