Expert Witness for a Truck Accident Case
Truck accident claims can be complicated, and expert witnesses are a necessity in some of these cases. Expert witnesses have specialized knowledge and experience in a particular subject. An expert can help your attorney prove that the truck driver or trucking company is at fault for the accident, or help to establish the value of your damages.
Types of Expert Witnessesc
Different types of expert witnesses are required for different cases. The complexity of your case, the quantity and quality of other evidence, and the amount of damages will all determine whether or not you need expert witnesses. Any expert chosen to help with your case should be relevant, reliable, and qualified to provide an opinion. Some of the most common types of expert witnesses include:
- Safety experts. These witnesses are qualified to offer guidance on safety factors that may be important to your claim, such as trucking regulations and road conditions. An expert may testify regarding the compliance of the motor carrier with the applicable transportation rules and regulations.
- Medical professionals. Physicians and other medical staff can offer their opinions regarding future medical problems you’re likely to face, and the limitations those injuries may impose on your life.
- Mental health professionals. Psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers can help to establish the value of your emotional suffering after a serious truck accident.
- Economists. An economist can predict future lost income resulting from your truck accident injuries.
- Accident reconstructionists. These professionals can demonstrate how the accident occurred and help to determine liability for the truck accident. Accident reconstructionists are often brought in when there were no eyewitnesses to the collision.
Hiring Expert Witnesses
Hiring expert witnesses can be expensive, but their testimony is sometimes a critical component of maximizing your recovery. Your attorney will be in the best position to know which experts, if any, are needed. To discuss your claim, contact the law offices of Steve M. Lee, P.C., by using the form on this page.