How are damages determined in a Texas truck accident case?
Texas truck accident injury victims are entitled to a number of different types of damages, and an experienced personal injury attorney can help them receive rightful compensation.
Types of Damages
Some of the most common types of damages in truck accident cases include:
- Medical costs. Typical truck accident medical expenses include ambulance or helicopter transportation, emergency room visits, surgery costs, and physical therapy expenses. An attorney can obtain documentation for all these costs from health care providers. More severe injuries are typically given higher compensatory awards.
- Future medical costs. Injuries caused by truck accidents often require ongoing medical treatment, such as physical therapy and prescription medications. Your legal team can obtain testimony from medical experts regarding future costs stemming from the truck accident.
- Property damage. In addition to causing temporary and long-term injuries, truck accidents often lead to significant vehicle damage. A lawyer can determine the cost of repair or replacement of a damaged vehicle.
- Loss of income. When truck accident victims must miss work due to their injuries, their lost wages are also recoverable. An attorney can use pay stubs to determine the total amount of missed work resulting from these injuries.
- Loss of future income. A truck collision can significantly reduce future earnings potential when injury victims are unable to return to their regular jobs. An experienced lawyer can hire expert economists to estimate future lost wages and loss of earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering. There’s no formula that can precisely quantify the value of pain and suffering stemming from a large commercial vehicle crash. However, a truck accident attorney can use his experience and research tools to estimate appropriate compensation for pain and suffering.
You Need an Attorney
If you were injured in a truck collision, you need an experienced attorney to help you receive the compensation you deserve. To learn more about what the law offices of Steve M. Lee, P.C., can do for you, visit us on Facebook.