I was injured in a car accident while visiting Texas from out of state. Do I need a Texas lawyer?
Yes. You should hire a local attorney in the Lone Star State to assist with your vehicle accident claim, regardless of where you reside.
Why You Need a Local Attorney
Each state has particular regulations regarding motor vehicle accidents, but not every attorney can know these specifics. Legal counsel from the state where the accident occurred is also necessary for these reasons:
- Your attorney must be properly licensed. The lawyer representing you must be licensed by the state of Texas. If you hire an attorney in your hometown, he may not be licensed to practice law here.
- A Texas attorney can minimize your expenses. A lawyer can handle your case more affordably when he’s close to the courthouse. He won’t need to travel long distances in order to attend every hearing, so you won’t be expected to cover the high transportation costs associated with these trips.
- Technology simplifies the process. No matter where you live, all your correspondence with your attorney can be completed by phone and email, but he or she can handily take care of any paperwork that must be filed in person.
- You’re not certain who’s at fault for the collision.
- The accident involved cyclists, pedestrians, or more than two drivers.
- The collision resulted in serious injuries, such as brain or spinal damage.
- The police report contains inaccuracies or incomplete information.
- Your collision occurred in a school or construction zone.
You Need an Attorney
If you’ve been injured in a vehicle collision while traveling in Texas, you need professional legal representation by a local attorney. It may seem intimidating to pursue litigation in Texas while you live in another state, but you shouldn’t let that deter you from seeking the compensation you deserve. To learn more, contact the law offices of Steve M. Lee, P.C., by using the form on this page.