Rental Limousine Safety
Using limousine services are popular ways to celebrate weddings, anniversaries, or graduations in style. While riding in a limo might be a lot of fun, some important safety concerns should be addressed before booking one of these vehicles.
Limousine Safety Concerns
Numerous factors can have a profound impact on limousine safety. Some of the issues to consider prior to hiring a limousine include:
- Inspections. When you call the limo company, be sure to ask them when the vehicle last passed a city inspection. When the limousine arrives, check the inspection sticker to ensure it’s current.
- Licenses. Ask the limo company if the vehicle has a current limousine license, and find out how long the company has been licensed in your city.
- History. Ask about the age of the limousine. Search the Safety and Fitness Electronic Records System, operated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, for the name of your limo company. You can find valuable information that includes inspection summaries and accident reports for the company’s vehicles.
- Insurance. When you call a limo company, ask for proof of insurance. Then, contact the insurance company to ensure the policy is still in force.
- Safety features. Ask the limousine company about the vehicle’s safety features, such as seat belts, airbags, and emergency exits.
Once you settled on a limousine company, you can further protect yourself by remaining alert during your ride, and making sure the driver stays alert and focused.
While taking the precautions listed above can certainly reduce accident risks, a collision may still occur. If you’re injured in a limousine accident, you need an attorney who is prepared to fight for the compensation you deserve. Limousine companies owe a duty of care to their passengers, and both the company and your driver may be held liable for any injuries you sustained.
To learn more, contact the law offices of Steve M. Lee, P.C., by clicking the Live Chat button on this page.